Friday, December 11, 2009

Nonviolent Communication madlib

I think some kids may enjoy an NVC madlib game to get familiar with OFNR (or just FN); here's one version to get things started. best,Bob

Nonviolent Communication madlibs

Choose and write:

1) a person in your family
2) a food
3) a feeling I have when my needs are met
4) a need
5) an item of clothing
6) a body part on your face
7) a feeling I have when my needs are not met
8) a need
9) a quotation (something you said)
10) an action many people can do at the same time
11) an internal organ
12) a physical sensation
13) an activity you do to take care of yourself

Have somebody else fill in your blanks and read your story to you:

This morning 1) __________ made me 2) __________ for breakfast. I was feeling 3) __________ because my need for 4) __________ was met. I saw my 5) __________on the floor, and my 6) __________twitched. I was feeling 7) __________ because I really wanted some 8) __________. When I got to school I told my teacher 9) __________ in front of the whole class, which responded by 10) __________. I was sweating. I felt discouraged and I really wanted acceptance and to get along with the people in my life. My 11) __________ tickled, and my feet felt 12) __________. When I think about my feet, I feel concerned because I really want health and well-being. I wonder if I would be willing to 13) __________?

3 comments:

Miki Kashtan said...

OMG This is ingenious! Nice work, bob. do you mind if i circulate this around on FB, Twitter, etc?

Bob Yamtich said...

circulate all you want

Unknown said...

Fun to see this posted! Hope that you will join us for our NVC curriculum talk in February...getting like minds together to talk and explore the possibilities of expanding NVC curriculum materials